Did You Know?
HDPE pipe provides a greater service life and better life cycle cost than concrete pipe.
Lane provides the complete product line to meet all your HDPE drainage needs - the full range of diameters, in perforated or non-perforated patterns, along with custom fabricated fittings. Lane’s HDPE pipe offerings can meet all the subsurface drainage demands of your site, building, roads and pavements. Whether made from prime virgin resins or with recycled materials, Lane’s HDPE pipe has the strength and service life needed for your project.
Advantages over Concrete Pipe
HDPE pipe has a distinct advantage over concrete pipe:
- More economical
- Greater resistance to corrosion and abrasion. Concrete pipe is limited to sites where the pH is greater than 5.0. HDPE can function with a pH as low as 2.0.
- The longer length of HDPE pipe means concrete pipe has 2.5 times the number of joints, which is the weakest portion of a concrete pipeline.
- HDPE pipe maintains its strength at the joints and concrete reduces its wall thickness by more than 50%.
- HDPE pipe is tougher and suffers less damage on the jobsite due to handling and installation.
- The manufacturing QA program for HDPE pipe is more extensive than that for concrete pipe. Quality assurance tests are routinely performed on the finished HDPE pipe product. Tests on finished concrete pipe are performed only when a special design is required.